Thursday 22 January 2015

Ducking Blog?

For some reason, the word 'fucking' is always turned to 'ducking' by my very PC phone.

Ducking, for some reason, confused me when I first read it. I thought of ducks, a canard to be specific. I forgot that 'ducking' means to, well, duck.

To avoid things, to miss something being thrown.

However, that is absolutely nothing to do with this blog.

Swearing, on the other hand, most certainly does.

I'm sure some of you found the word 'fucking' to be rather offensive. It's a crude word to some. Why did I make the title of my blog sound like I was saying 'fucking'? Well I will tackle that in another blog post, for now, just know that I have my reasons.

It is part of a trend though.

There's Booking.com... which, in one of their commercials, the word 'booking' is substituted for the f-word. Maybe. I mean, technically it could be seen as a totally innocuous thing, but I doubt it. Come on.

And there's the oh-so clever marketing team over at Toyota, conjured up this slogan for their car, AYGO 2014: "Go fun yourself". See, what I mean by clever? Not only clever, but very risqué and edgy. I'm sure the Cool and Hip Marketers must've had their own 'eureka' moment when Tim, who doesn't talk very much, shyly raised his hand and offered his genius idea. Damn it, Tim.

Honestly? It's got my attention. Not, that it in any way wants to make me buy a Toyota, but it made me think. Why does alluding to swearing, specifically the adorable little word 'fuck' make us all gasp, giggle, or growl?

Triple G - all rights reserved.

Well, because it's a censored word. It's still controversial to use in a lot of mediums and does grab your attention. Case in point: I didn't want to use the actual word, 'fuck', in my title. I knew it would bother some people. I know that Google, would never offer it up as a suggestion on its search engine.

Not that this will ever be searched up that much, but I'm a 'just in case' kind of person.

Thanks for reading this, and I hope to continue pouring my thoughts out into the internet for days, months, or years to come... or until I get bored. We'll see what happens.

But first, let me leave you with some fun, 'f-word facts'!

- The 2013 movie, The Wolf of Wall Street uses the 'f-word' a record-breaking 569 times. However, a 2005 documentary titled Fuck, which is about the word, uses it 857 times. That's 9 uses per minute.

- It's first recorded use as a sexual term, was back in 1475 in a Latin poem satirizing monks in England

- There is a village in Austria, with roughly 104 people living in it, called "Fucking". According to the population, they're actually not.

- In Brazil, there lives a man named Mr. Reinhardt Adolfo Fuck

- Fuck was never an acronym.. thank you Mythbusters


1 comment:

  1. Lung cancer often goes unnoticed in its early stages. As the disease develops, a persistent cough develop and chronic cough worsen. include chest pain, shortness of breath, hoarseness, bloody fluid coughed up from the respiratory tract, and frequent bouts of bronchitis or pneumonia. Sometimes the first was bone pain, headaches, dizziness,I was so piss off and tired of my life until i read about Dr Itua herbal medicine on blogspot i really thought it was scam when i first contacted him so little time i think about it and bought the herbal medicine which i took for three weeks and i was totally cured his treatment is so unique,I never thought i will be able to be free from Lung Cancer.But not only this Lung Cancer This great man can cure,Dr Itua also told me he can cure such diseases like... COLORECTAL CANCER, BLADDER CANCER, PROSTATE CANCER, KIDNEY CANCER, LUNG CANCER, SKIN CANCER, UTERINE CANCER, LEUKEMIA,HIV/AIDS,OVARIAN CANCER,BLOOD CANCER,MEN/WOMAN INFERTILITY,BURKITT LYMPHOMA - NON-HODGKIN.BRONNCHIAL TUMORS, BRAIN TUMORS,BILE DUCT CANCER,BONE CANCER,VAGINAL CANCER,HERPES VIRUS,LOVE SPELL,HEPATITIS,HE'S A GREAT HERBAL DOCTOR.HERE HIS CONTACT EMAIL::: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/ info@drituaherbalcenter.com. WHATSAPP:::+2348149277967

    ReplyDelete